Day 53: Flagstaff, AZ


Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
I left the windows open a crack in the Corvette,
so it wouldn't build up so much heat in the sun
while it was parked, and it rained and now
the carpets are wet!

While on the subject of rain, it's not supposed to!
Not this time of year, and not around here.
But it has rained a lot recently
because everywhere you look it is a light green color
instead of the expected dirt burned-out brown.
A green desert! Go figure.
It must be El Nino, or the Greenhouse Effect.
Unquestionably, it is the fault of Man,
and his opposable thumb.

I couldn't wait to get out of Santa Fe, New Mexico
and blasted off without filling up the tank,
which is a good thing because I accidentally found
the cheapest gas of the entire trip, only $2.91
for premium, at a no-name exit in the middle of
nowhere, New Mexico.

Didn't even stop for lunch, just grabbed some
trail mix and kept on going, going, going,
straight through to Flagstaff, Arizona.
Only one more state to go!

As trashed as I was when I got to Flagstaff,
I had to tour a bit on historic Route 66.
It sure ain't what it used to be!

No comments: